Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Raspberry Scones


Raspberry Scones
 We had a family Christmas party last weekend and I made my first attempt at vegan scones using the recipe from Vegan Brunch.  The dough was very dry, so dry in fact that I thought the scones wouldn't hold together in the oven.  When they came out I thought they looked a little pale so I didn't end up serving them to our guests.  Thankfully I had baked my favourite and always successful pumpin muffins and banana chocolate chip muffins.  Later on after the mess was cleared and everyone was gone, I sat down with a cup of tea, put my feet up and took a bite of a scone spread with a little Earth Balance.  They were surprisingly tender despite appearances. 


4 comments:

  1. They look delicious, and heavenly sounding with Earth Balance spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they certainly look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can smell them all the way over here!!! Big hug and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! I need a little more practice to perfect these.

    ReplyDelete