Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chocolate Banana Flapjacks

I was in need of some serious comfort food tonight after an exhausting day and it definitely needed to be sweet.  I decided to make a batch of banana flapjacks from Vegan Brunch and then had the brilliant idea to replace the plain non-dairy milk with CHOCOLATE non-dairy milk.   Wow, wow, wow!   Were they ever delicious!  The chocolate and banana flavours balanced perfectly and I did include the optional 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.   These flapjacks were soft, and melted in my mouth.   It was the perfect choice and I don't feel as guilty as if I'd eaten a piece of cake for dinner.  

I got one test shot in before my camera batteries died so there's no maple syrup spilling over the side like when I ate them.  Sorry!


Chcolate-Banana Flapjacks sans Maple Syrup


2 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! Chocolate with banana is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Of course, chocolate with quite a few flavors (coffee, orange, raspberry, etc. etc. etc.) works for me too. These look delicious, even sans maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate with almost anything! :) But, I've never thought to use choc soy milk in a pancake recipe. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete