Friday, November 5, 2010

Blueberry Orange Muffins


I'm excited beyond belief to be participating in this Vegan Mofo craziness and have spent most of the day in the kitchen.  I've had my eye on the Blueberry Orange Bundt cake recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking for a while now and decided to make muffins for a well deserved afternoon tea break.  I love these cake recipes that come together so quickly with no beaters or mixers etc.  Just combine wet and dry ingredients and pop in the oven, although this one did require a quck spin in the blender for the wet ingredients.

We enjoyed our tea and muffins out on the deck, they were very good, moist and not too sweet but I did detect a hint of baking soda flavour but perhaps that was my fault.      

Blueberry Orange Muffins


3 comments:

  1. Yum! Baking soda or not. Lee, you're going gangbusters. I love how your index of foods/words is getting so long! I want to come take cooking classes from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved the pic for this one, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, you don't need to take cooking lessons from me! That's crazy, I'm sure you've read a thousand more cookbooks than I have. And I'm just learning myself.

    Kika, thanks! I like the picture too.

    ReplyDelete