Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Leek Potato Soup


Leek Potato Soup
 I don't often cook with leeks but they are definitely one of my occasional, vegetable impulse buys at the grocery store.  I had three sitting in my fridge getting a little dried out and thought it would the perfect ingredient for my weekly cooking challenge.  I've always wanted to make potato leek soup and searched my cookbooks for a recipe.  I found an appealing candidate in Lauren Ulm's wonderful Vegan YumYum with relatively few ingredients. 

This simple, warming soup was a big hit with everyone in our house. I liked it's velvety texture and the fact that few ingredients were required. Next time I will reduce the amount of salt and season at the end if required. 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
And now lets go and see what Kathryn has made over at The Hedgehog in the Kitchen.   Ooooh, it looks like some yummy middle eastern lentils and rice from Veganomicon.   I must give that one a try.   Go Kathryn!  Keep on cooking!

3 comments:

  1. I love potato leek soup. I'll have to go look at that recipe. I never use salt in cooking so I doubt I'd use any in this either. I'm so glad that everyone in your house loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping M would love it and she did. She's a big potato fan and since this was pureeed it was perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm! This looks so good, Lee. I love leek-and-potato soup :-)

    ReplyDelete